Recioto della Valpolicella

Classico DOC

Grapes varieties:
35% Corvina
30% Corvinone
30% Rondinella
5% Molinara

Production area:
Hills near Negrar di Valpolicella
Altitude varies from 280 to 450 mt. a.s.l.
Vineyards exposition South-East and South-West
Age of the vines: from 10 to 50 years
Training systems: Pergola Veronese and Guyot (6000 vines per Hectare)

Winemaking process:
The grapes to produce Recioto are selected in the middle of September.
They’re brought in the Fruttaio and left in plastic plateaux where they are left to dry naturally for 4 months.
The 70% stays there for 120 days while the remaining 30% for about 180 days. In January the first part of the grapes is pressed, and fermentation starts with selected yeasts after 15 days of maceration.
During the next 30 days pumping-overs and skins submersion are performed daily. The rest of the grapes that had been drying is then added to the wine starting a second fermentation which will last for 30 days.
After this period, it is moved to a steel tank with its fine lees, where it completes its fermentation and aging.

36 months in stainless steel tank

The Recioto Classico is bottled after 3 years of aging and it stays 6 months in bottle before being sold.
The production amounts to 2.000 bottles.

Serving temperature:
From 18° ai 20°C
From 64.5 to 68°F